UI and UX App Design in Adobe XD
Adobe XD is a powerful tool for UI/UX designers giving you the power to design and prototype an entire app, all from one program.
This course starts off with Adobe XD basics and quickly gets up to speed on designing and prototyping a full-fledged app with amazing images, colors, and animations.
What to expect for this course:
- How to navigate around the interface and toggle on/off the panels you wish to use
- How to set up artboards to rapidly assemble wireframes
- how to make your artboards responsive using auto-resize
- How to design icons using the pen tool and boolean effects
- How to convert icons and buttons into symbols to reuse across your entire project
- How to apply text and color style presets and change on the fly
- How to use the repeat grid to create fast, repeating columns and/or rows
- How to prototype and test your prototype within seconds
- How to share projects, prototypes, and design assets
- and much much more
Adobe XD is a brand new design and prototyping tool made by Adobe, totally dedicated to UI/UX designers.
In this course, I will teach you the basics of this new software and will show you step by step how you can design a beautiful and modern iOS mobile app.
In the first part of the course, you will see how the interface works, all the main tools and features, and the most common shortcuts which will dramatically increase your productivity.
Then we’ll jump right into the design and we’ll start creating a dating-inspired mobile app, made of 7 great-looking screens: home, login, signup, browse, sidebar menu, inbox, settings.
Not only that, I’ll teach you how you can give life to your design and create a working prototype directly within Adobe XD, without the need for any third-party software.
The source .xd file of the app we designed will be included, along with the other resources I used.
This course has a learn-by-doing approach. There won’t be much theory, it’s all about teaching you how to design a real-world mobile product and showing you the full potential of Adobe XD.
By the end of the course, you will have a very clear picture of how Adobe XD works, and you will be able to apply the design techniques, productivity tips, and all the skills you have learned in your future design projects.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Interface Design
- Anyone who wants to learn User Experience Design
- UI/UX designers who want to improve their skills and learn the latest design tools
- Photoshop or Illustrator users who want to switch to a program dedicated exclusively for UX design
- SketchApp users who want an all-in-one solution for designing and prototyping
- No necessary experience needed
Last Updated 2/2021