SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) – An Introduction
using tasks, components and flowcharts, so it’s easy to learn the basics of it.
We’ll start by extracting some data, and then loading it into another table. I’ll take nice as slow as we start to introduce transformations, such as aggregation, conditional split, merging and auditing. There’ll be plenty of practice activities too, so you can get to practice your new-found skills.
By the end of this course, you’ll be confident in using the main Data Flow components and Control Flow tasks, and would be able to use it in your own work.
Who this course is for:
- You should take this course if you are not experienced in SSIS, or if you want to know what it is for.
- SSIS is good for automating certain processes, and is very visible.
- It is great for beginners, and good if you have had a little prior experience.
- As it is going through the basics, it is not useful if you commonly use SSIS.
- It can help towards your 70-463 certification.
- You don’t need to have any prior experience with SQL Server.
- You don’t even need to have it installed – we’ll install the full Developer edition for free on your Windows machine.
- It would help if you have had some prior experience with T-SQL, but it is not essential.
Last Updated 9/2021