SQL Server 2019 : Administration SQL Server Part 1
This course brings together two of my courses on the Udemy platform which are :
- SQL server : Detecting and repairing corruption on a database
- SQL server : The complete course about BACKUP and RESTORE.
The first chapter will talk about BACKUP and RESTORE :
- How to make very simply a BACKUP and a RESTORE.
- Discuss the BACKUP LOGS and DIFFERENTIAL BACKUP, and why it is absolutely necessary to implement them in your BACKUP strategy.
- Understand the interest of the WITH INIT in a BACKUP, and learn how to make a restoration in time with the WITH STOPAT option.
- And finally, we will see the different full recovery model on a database(FULL,SIMPLE and BULKED LOGGUED), and why this is (very) important for our BACKUPs.
The second part, which is longer, is the part of a more advanced level, we will discuss :
- The performance when doing a BACKUP on several files.
- Avoiding corruption on BACKUPs with the CHECKSUM, and understanding the importance of BACKUP WITH COPY ONLY, to avoid breaking the BACKUP chain during the day.
- To discover that you can make a RESTORE of a page, or from a LSN, to avoid losing hours of RESTORE, in case of server crash.
- Recover unsaved logs, in case of server crash, with the power of the TAIL LOG BACKUP.
- We will discuss the BACKUP WITH COMPRESSION, to save disk space, which can be significant, and the simultaneous copy of BACKUP with the WITH MIRROR option.
- We will also see how to restore system databases (Master, MSDB, model, TEMPDB).
- The RESTORE WITH STANDBY, which allows to examine the data between each RESTORE.
- And to finish, we will see how to make a RESTORE from a SNAPSHOT, see the necessary rights, to make BACKUP, how to consult BACKUP metadata.
The second chapter will talk about corruption on SQL Server :
Database corruption happens all the time, all over the world !! When it happens in your environment, do you know what to do?
- This 2-hour course will show you what you need to know to detect and repair most cases of database corruption.
- The course begins by explaining why early detection of corruption is so important, and then examines the different causes of database corruption.
- You will learn how to configure SQL Server to automatically detect when I/O errors occur.
- You’ll learn how to configure SQL Server to automatically detect when I/O errors occur, what consistency checks are, the DBCC commands to use to perform consistency checks, and how to configure SQL Server to perform consistency checks regularly.
This course is aimed at all database administrators and developers who will learn how to react to a case of corruption.
Why start SQL administration?
- SQL Server is one of the skills very actively sought after on the job market.
- Administering an SQL server today is ensuring that you have a full-time job.
- Moreover, SQL Server, because of its simplicity, allows you to quickly become competent in very specific areas.
- Following this course will help you to stand out technically from your colleagues, or during a job interview, I guarantee it.
Who this course is for:
- Future Database Administrators (DBA)
- Developers who want to learn about SQL
- BI consultants working on technologies other than SQL Server (Oracle etc…)
- Students who want to get started on SQL
- Tech leads (CRM, Web etc…) who want to discover SQL
- Just one computer, with Management Studio installed
Last Updated 4/2021
SQL Server 2019 : Administration SQL Server Part 1.zip (2.0 GB) | Mirror