Microsoft Power BI – Up & Running With Power BI Service 2021
In order to cover the latest features and provide the best learning experience for our students, this course was completely rebuilt in 2021, with all-new topics, resources, datasets and hands-on projects.
As a reminder, this is PART 2 of our Microsoft Power BI series, which covers Power BI Desktop (Part 1) and Power BI Service (Part 2). We strongly recommend completing our Power BI Desktop course before taking this one!
This top-rated course offers a practical and project-based guide to mastering Power BI in the cloud, including powerful tools like gateways, dataflows, row-level security, data-driven alerts, and much more.
You’ll be playing the role of a data analyst for Maven Inspectional Services, a restaurant health inspection agency based in Los Angeles. Your objective? Use Power BI Service — and the skills you develop throughout the course — to build scalable reports & dashboards to deliver insights across the entire organization.
Here are just a few of the topics we’ll cover:
- Administration Tools
- Admin roles, tenant settings, custom branding, etc.
- Connecting to Data
- Connection types, gateways, dataflows, scheduled refresh, etc.
- Reports & Dashboards
- Data lineage, bookmarks, data-driven alerts, Q&A, mobile, etc.
- Sharing & Collaboration
- User roles, apps, publish to web, usage reports, etc.
- Row-Level Security
- Static vs. dynamic RLS, testing roles, etc.
- PREVIEW: Premium Per User
- Key features, incremental refresh, UX, etc.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a deep, practical understanding of Power BI Service, along with the skillsand confidence you need to apply these tools to your own real-world projects and analyses.
Whether you’re a casual Power BI user, aspiring analyst, or business intelligence professional, this course will give you the tools you need to become an absolute Power BI ROCKSTAR — guaranteed.
Join today and get immediate, lifetime access to the following:
- 8+ hours of high quality videos
- 100+ page Power BI Service ebook (PDF)
- Power BI project files & sample data
- Course quizzes & homework (with solutions)
- Expert support & Q&A forum
- 30-day money-back guarantee
We can’t wait to see you in the course!
–Aaron (Lead Power BI Instructor, Maven Analytics)
Hear why our Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service courses are the TOP-RATED on Udemy:
“I totally loved this Power BI course! Everything was very easy to understand, but it moved at a fast enough pace that I never got bored. I learned SO much and had fun doing it. In fact, at the end of the day, I didn’t want to stop learning — I wanted to keep charging on to the next lesson!”
“Amazing! 5+ stars if you ask me! Concise, superbly organized and prepared. I have learned a ton about Power BI Service and in addition I have learned how to create a great course as well. Enjoyed the course from start to finish.”
“Hands-down the best Power BI courses on Udemy. Courses are well prepared and very hands-on, and the instructor makes the whole experience easy and fun. I recommend it 100%!”
“Where can I leave a 6 star rating?”
Looking for the full business intelligence stack? Search for “Maven Analytics“ to browse our full course library, including Excel, Power BI, MySQL, and Tableau courses!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking for complete, comprehensive deep dive into Microsoft Power BI Service (2021)
- Users who are familiar with Power BI Desktop and want to learn how to publish, share & collaborate in the cloud
- Aspiring data professionals and teams looking to master the #1 business intelligence tool on the market
- Students who want a comprehensive, engaging, and project-based approach to training
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in Data Analysis or Business Intelligence
- Students are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to complete our Up & Running with Power BI Desktop course first
- Several features covered in this course require a PRO plan (60 day free trial, then $9.99/month)
- A work or school email address is required to sign up for a Power BI Service account (no gmail, aol, hotmail, etc.)
Last Updated 3/2021