Live Training #7 – Smart Contract Security #2￼
What is the highest paid skill in the Blockchain industry?
As a smart contract security specialist, you can earn up to 250k USD / year.
Hundreds of millions have been lost to smart contract hacks.
If you can write safe smart contracts, it’s worth a LOT of money.
And in the security niche, smart contract audits is what pays the most.
Blockchain companies pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a single smart contract audit.
In a smart contract audit, there are 2 components:
- Finding security vulnerabilities
- Presenting your findings in a report
The mindset to have is different than for a developer who try to write a safe smart contract.
As a smart contract auditor, you put yourself in the shoes of a hacker and try to exploit security vulnerability, if any.
In this training, you will learn from a professional security specialist how to do smart contract audits.
After this training, you will be able to do your own smart contract audits and charge top dollars for it!
When is the training?
- July 20th, 11pm UTC+8
- If you cannot access the live event, you will still be able to access the recording after
PART I: OFFENSIVE SECURITY IN SMART CONTRACTS
- The Mindset of a Pentester
- Types of Scan:
- Manual Scanning
- Static Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
PART II: AUDIT METHODOLOGY
- Black Box
- Grey Box
- White Box
- How to write a report and risk assessment
PART III: DETECT CRITICAL ENDPOINTS IN SMART CONTRACTS
- Critical Functions Signature
PART VI: THE SWC REGISTER (SMART CONTRACT WEAKNESS CLASSIFICATION)
PART V: EXPLOIT SOLIDITY VULNERABILITIES
- Detect and Exploit Re-Entrancy Attacks
- Detect and Exploit Integer overflow/underflow
- Detect Denial of Service
- Force Sending Ether
- Bypass the Tx.Origin Authentication
PART VI: STATIC ANALYSIS
- Use Slither to detect Solidity issues
PART VII: DYNAMIC ANALYSIS
- Basics of NodeJS
- Basics of the command line
- Required software:
- Code editor (ex: Visual Studio Code)
- A terminal (for Windows users, you can use the bash emulation of git for windows)
- Works on Windows 8/10, recent versions of Ubuntu & MacOS