Host Your Django Project on Heroku
As a novice web developer, you’ve built your portfolio app and shared your code on GitHub. Perhaps, you’re hoping to attract technical recruiters to land your first programming job. Many coding bootcamp graduates are likely doing the same thing. To differentiate yourself from the crowd and boost your chances of getting noticed, you can start hosting your Django project online.
There are a few major cloud platform providers operating in different models, but you’re going to explore Heroku in this course. It ticks all the boxes—it’s free, quick to set up, user-friendly, and well-integrated with Django—and is the favorite cloud platform provider of many startups.
In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Sign up for a free Heroku account
- Use the Heroku CLI (command-line interface)
- Bootstrap a minimal Django project
- Integrate Git with Heroku
- Connect to Heroku’s PostgreSQL database
- Manage configuration, make new releases and rollbacks
Host Your Django Project on Heroku.zip (239.8 MB) | Mirror